The Standards Committee is responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct by Members and co-opted Members of the Council.
The functions of the Standards Committee includes;
· Advising the Council on the adoption of or revision to the Members’ Code of Conduct.
· Monitoring the operation of the Members’ Code of Conduct and promotion of high standards of conduct by Members and Co-opted Members of the Council.
· Oversee Member Training, (including the attendance of Members at courses), in relation to matters affecting their conduct and probity including relevant information provided to newly affected District Councillors.
· Promote and maintain high standards of conduct within Town/Parish Councils and to assist them in following their own Codes of Conduct or adopt the North East Derbyshire Code of Conduct.
· Oversee training provided to Parish Councils on conduct and probity matters including relevant information provided to newly elected Parish Councillors.
· Oversee the public face of the Standards Committee through the website and increase public awareness of the Code of Conduct and its application.
Support officer: Alan Maher.
Phone: 01246 217391