Agenda and draft minutes

District/Parish Liaison Group - Friday, 18th March, 2022 4.00 pm

Venue: by Zoom Meeting Platform. Access credentials to the meeting will be sent to you separately.

Contact: Joe Bradley  Tel: 01246 217155

Items
No. Item

DPLG/42/21-22

Welcome and Introductions

Councillor Alex Dale, Leader of the Council

Minutes:

Councillor Alex Dale, Leader of the Council, welcomed everyone to the District/Parish Meeting.  He thanked those present for attending.

 

Everyone present introduced themselves to the Group.

 

The Leader then provided an update on Council activities and events that have been taking place.

 

The Leader advised that the Council will be fully supporting the people of Ukraine, discussions had been taking place with parishes and the community to arrange donations to the Ukraine appeal.  He advised that the Council were looking at ways they can support those affected.

 

It was advised that the Ukrainian flag was flying in support of Ukraine at the District Council Offices.

 

The Leader thanked all of those that had been involved so far.

 

The Leader advised that funding had been approved for the re-build of Sharley Park Leisure Centre, so works on progressing this will now commence. 

 

The Group were informed that Killamarsh was due to open in June/July following its refurbishment, and Eckington Swimming Pool had just opened following its refurbishment.

 

It was advised that a grant had been received for Dronfield Sports Centre, so similar works will take place at Dronfield as they did at Eckington to work on reducing the carbon footprint.

 

The Leader informed the Group that following the Green Homes Funding allocation work was continuing on this, and in addition to the initial allocation a further allocation has been given to the Council

 

The Group were informed that the Council had been highlighted in the Top 40 Councils leading on climate change.

 

The Leader advised that there had been an increase in fly-tipping fines recently.  He stated that he was aware that there was a problem across the District and the Council want to take a strong stance on it.

 

The Leader informed the Group that a Parking Strategy had been approved and the Council would be looking at parking across the District.

DPLG/43/21-22

Apologies for Absence

Minutes:

Apologies for absence from the meeting were received from Councillor Joe Birkin (NEDDC and Sutton Parish Councillor), Councillor Tracey Reader (NEDDC and Clay Cross Parish) and Charlotte Taylor (Parish Clerk, North Wingfield Parish).

DPLG/44/21-22

Minutes of Last Meeting pdf icon PDF 225 KB

To receive as a correct record the Notes of the meeting held on 15 October 2021.

Minutes:

The Group gave consideration to the Notes of the District and Parish Liaison Group held on 15 October 2021 and noted the content.

DPLG/45/21-22

Climate Change Support

Edward Leddy-Owen, Home Improvement Officer

Minutes:

Ed Leddy-Owen, Home Improvement Officer, was in attendance to give a presentation to the Group on what the Council was doing on climate change.

 

An overview of the Council strategy’s key themes was given, this included:

 

·         Sustainable buildings and workplaces e.g. fabric improvements to buildings;

·         Transport e.g. looking at vehicles;

·         Community and collaboration e.g. getting Parishes involved as they will play an important role in this;

·         Procurement e.g. proactive way of how we purchase goods/services.

 

The Group were informed of the Attack Pack that is available for Parishes and provides information on what they can do to help with climate change.  This was a free resource.

 

It was advised that the Pack also provided details of grant funding available.  

 

The Group were given an overview of achievements to date, this included:

 

·         BEIS LAD spend now up to around £4,000,000

·         ECO 3 and BCF fuel poverty grants £131,000 in NEDDC

·         269 residents personally advised by HIT (147) NEDDC

·         Successful SALIX bid £100k for LCSF 2 and (1.3M in for zero carbon technologies PSDS 3)

·         Working to lead DCC in collaborative customer outreach and retrofit projects

 

The Home Improvement Officer advised the Group that if anyone had any questions then to get in touch with him on 01246 217843 or Edward.owen@ne-derbyshire.gov.uk.

DPLG/46/21-22

Queen's Platinum Jubilee

Vice Chair of Council - Councillor D Ruff

Minutes:

Steve Lee, Strategic Partnership Coordinator, was present to give an overview on the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. 

 

The Group were informed that meetings have been taking place on a monthly basis to look at what the Council can do to support/help local businesses and the community with anything they wish to do for the Jubilee.

 

It was advised that the Chairman was holding a Jubilee Service on Sunday 22nd May 2022 at St John’s Church, Walton.  This was to be led by the Civic Chaplain.

 

The Group were advised that the Council would be promoting community events/celebrations and were keen to get details from those organising events.  So far few responses had been received when we have gone out and asked for details so if Parishes are aware of any celebrations for details to be passed on to the Council so they can be promoted.

 

It was advised that the Council would like photographs from any events taking place.

 

The Strategic Partnership Coordinator advised that grants of up to £500 are available through the Community Action Grant (CAG).  This is available to constituted community groups or non-constituted groups using bodies such as local Parishes. The Grant can cover food/drink, holding of sporting events etc.  Parish and Town Councils are not eligible to apply.

 

The Group were informed that the Council will waive temporary road closure fees for Jubilee events.

 

It was advised that the Council were participating in the Queen’s Green Canopy, which was an initiative across the UK to plant trees.  Free trees are available to purchase from the Woodlands Trust.  Purchasing of trees can be supported through the CAG if required. 

 

The Group were informed that Dronfield have an event planned for 2nd June at the local park, with band and choir performances. 

 

The Leader advised that DCC also have funding available so if anyone was interested for them to contact their local Councillor to access the funds.

DPLG/47/21-22

Live and Local

Steve Lee, Strategic Partnership Co-ordinator

Minutes:

Michele Clerc, Live and Local, was present to give an overview of initiative to the Group.

 

The Group were informed that the Council make a contribution to Live and Local, and wanted to showcase the activities to highlight what it can do/does, and to raise awareness of the service that is on offer to residents.

 

It was advised that these are local activities funding by Arts Council England.  It is a 4-year funding programme, which is also funded by NEDDC and DCC, plus other LA’s across Derbyshire.

 

The Group were informed that there were currently community groups/promoters across the District offering activities.  In terms of Jubilee activities/events, Live and Local have grants that may be able to support these. 

 

The Group were informed that Live and Local supported promoters during Covid, by creating a Live and Local “Living Room”.  This allowed people to work with artists locally by various means i.e. virtually, telephone etc.

 

It was advised that there was a Community Touring Scheme, any groups or venues interested in getting involved are assessed and if acceptable they would be added to the network. 

 

The aim of the initiative is to bring people across Derbyshire together.  They can find venues/people to help put on events or they can see what events are coming up in their area to attend.

 

Money made through promoters/ticket sales is put back into supporting other events.

 

Councillor Heather Liggett and Councillor John Funnell requested further information and asked Michelle to contact them to discuss further.

DPLG/48/21-22

The Parish Council Code of Conduct

Sarah Sternberg, Assistant Director – Governance and Monitoring Officer

Minutes:

Sarah Sternberg, Assistant Director of Governance and Monitoring Officer, informed the Group that the Council had adopted a new Code of Conduct.  This had also been approved by Standards Committee.

 

Parish Councils will soon be receiving a letter to advice of this.

 

If anyone requires training on this and the changes please get in touch with Sarah directly.

DPLG/49/21-22

Any Questions

Parishes may submit a question in advance by e-mailing Joe Bradley (joe.bradley@ne-derbyshire.gov.uk)

Minutes:

There were no questions raised or submitted.

DPLG/50/21-22

Date and Time of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the District/Parish Liaison Group will take place in the new Municipal Year.

Minutes:

The next meeting of the District/Parish Liaison Group is scheduled for 10 June 2022.

DPLG/51/21-22

Close of Meeting

Councillor Alex Dale, Leader to close meeting.

Minutes:

Councillor Alex Dale, Leader of the Council, thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 17:05 hours.