Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet considered the proposed Management Agreement with Rykneld Homes Limited for the management of the Council’s housing stock. Members heard that the previous Management Agreement, which had been signed in 2007, was now out of date and needed to be replaced.
Cabinet discussed the Management Agreement. Cabinet heard that it would be compatible the changes proposed by the Government in: “The Charter for Social Housing Residents, Social Housing White Paper”. In particular, Members were informed that these changes would alter the way in which social housing was regulated, in order to make it more tenant focussed process. There would also be increased regulation from the Housing Ombudsman, the Regulator of Social Housing (RSH).
At the conclusion of the discussion Cabinet supported the new Management Agreement. There was a consensus that the Agreement would provide an appropriate structure for the Council and RHL to work together.
(1) That Cabinet approved the draft Management Agreement with Rykneld Homes Limited and agreed that it now be signed.
(2) That the Director of Growth and Economic Development be granted delegated authority, in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Housing, Communities and Communications, the Section 151 Officer and the Monitoring Officer, to make changes to the Agreement, both before the final version is agreed and when it is signed.
(3) That the Director of Growth and Economic Development be appointed the Council’s Senior Representative under the Management Agreement and granted delegated authority, in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Housing, Communities and Communications, to make decisions required by the Management Agreement by the Senior Representative.
(4) That the Head of Economic Development, Regeneration and Housing Delivery be appointed the Council’s Contract Manager under the Management Agreement and granted delegated authority to make decisions required by the Management Agreement by the Contract Manager.
(5) That these delegations be referred to the Council’s Standards Committee, for inclusion in the Delegation Scheme in the Council’s Constitution.
(6) That an agreed Communications Protocol be added to the Agreement within two months of the date of the agreement.
REASONS FOR THE DECISION - To bring up to date the contractual relationship with Rykneld Homes Limited for the management of the Council’s housing, including changes being proposed by the Housing White Paper.
OTHER OPTIONS CONSIDERED AND REJECTED - The option of extending the existing agreement was considered but rejected, as a new, up to date, agreement is required.
(Paragraphs 3 & 5)
Publication date: 29/07/2021
Date of decision: 29/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 29/07/2021 - Cabinet