Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Cabinet considered a range of options on the future management of the Killamarsh Sports Centre, along with their financial and other implications. Cabinet determined its preferred option, which it agreed should now inform further discussions with the owners of the centre, Killamarsh Parish Council.
(1) That Cabinet agreed option E(1), as specified in the report, as its preferred option for the Killamarsh Sports Centre;
(2) That this preferred option inform further discussions with Killamarsh Parish Council on the future of the Centre;
(3) That Cabinet recommend any budget growth arising to Council for approval as part of the annual budget setting process for the 2021-22 financial year;
(4) That the proposal to make a specific allocation in the Capital Programme, as set out in the report, funded through prudential borrowing, be recommended to Council for approval as part of the budget setting process for 2021-22;
(5) That subject to Council approving the budget growth and addition to the Capital programme, the Director of Corporate Services be delegated authority to approve the terms and conditions of the agreements/land transactions and enter the arrangements with Killamarsh Parish Council in relation to the Killamarsh Sports Centre.
REASONS FOR DECISION –
The reasons for the Decision were specified in the report.
ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS CONSIDERED AND REJECTED –
The option of not addressing the future status of the centre was considered but rejected for the reasons set out in the report.
(Paragraphs 1, 2 and 3)
Publication date: 17/12/2020
Date of decision: 17/12/2020
Decided at meeting: 17/12/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 07/01/2021